Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I am trying to file a form 67 in supreme court. It

Customer Question

I am trying to file a form 67 in supreme court. It originates in Prince rupert registry, which is a*****(one way). There is a proven courthouse in my town. Do I have to travel 10 hours to file my response?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question.

If you have time you could send it to a process server or a friend nearby to file it for you with proof of service. The rules don't require that you actually file your own paperwork.

Before anything is filed a copy has to be served on the other party. You can't simply fax it in. A copy has to be served, then the originals can go into the court file with proof of service.

Does that answer you? If not then please reply. If so then I'd appreciate a positive service rating please.