Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

While driving car this afternoon my side rear view mirror t

Customer Question

While driving car this afternoon my side rear view mirror hit side rear view mirror of a parking car on the streets. My and other car's rear view mirror both got damaged. I was waiting their for more than an hour. But couldn't find the car owner and then i left scene. Then I went to coffee shop to think what should i do.. then we think to left a note on the car dashboard. But when i went back there the car left already. What is should do now?
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should i do now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will talk to my lawyer...Please remove this question. thanks.
Expert:  Daniel Freudman replied 1 year ago.

If the damage is over $1000, you must report it. However, here is sounds like the damage could be under that amount, and you did not flee the scene, which is good. As you left a note, it is clear you are not trying to hide from any consequences, and unless and until the person contacts you, I don't see very much for you to do; it seems as though you've done everything you can do at this point.

Hopefully my answer was of assistance. If so, please provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment for my services, thank you.