Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

A few weeks ago I went to an Emergency Department to have my

Customer Question

Hi there
A few weeks ago I went to an Emergency Department to have my Left hip/leg assessed as I could barely weight bear because of all the pain. in looking for the proper care I ended up being put on a Form 1 and detained for a pschiatric evaluation! My concerns are : i was bever given a form 42 to advise me of my involuntary status nor was I given the Firm 42. My physical complaint was never adressed and now 3 weeks later my hip/leeg are that much worse! Should I get a lawyer?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You were supposed to be given the form and told of your right to obtain legal advice.

If that did not happen they you can retain a lawyer and sue the hospital for damages.

As well, if you were harmed by their negligence in terms of them not dealing with your hip and leg then you can sue for these damages as well.

So it would make sense for you to consult with a lawyer face to face as your best next step.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have names if lawyers that are highly trained and experienced in this matter? I live in Sudbury, ON.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I don't but if you call ARCH Disability Law Centre they will be able to give you some names.

Here is their website:

http://www.archdisabilitylaw.ca/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
I so appreciate your help and advice!Joanne McMahon
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

Take good care.