Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My question is that if a family has the Refugee Status which

Customer Question

My question is that if a family has the Refugee Status which they got by applying for political asylum for fear of persecution in their home country, and its one case filed by the father for himself and his children, and if for some reason the father's Refugee Status is revoked, what is the consequence?. Will it automatically mean that the kids’ refugee status be cancelled too and all of them will be deported? If the kids are already studying in colleges, can they get back their student status(student visa) or they will also Have to leave the country?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Why was a father's refugee status revoked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not yet revoked but there is a probability that it might because of he has been convicted of a crime in the country he previously lived(not the country he took asylum from). He took his child out of the country without the mother's consent and she filed a case against him to bring the child back. Although he has the custody but the mother had visitation rights which he violated by his action. Now the mother has the option of involving interpol to get her child back but that might jeopardise the immigration status of her children along with the father. Her main concern is that two of her older kids are studying in colleges in Canada and she is worried that it might affect their future.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

The consequences here are very serious and I don't know enough about the area of law so I'm going to opt out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for referring me to another lawyer who I am hoping specializes in Conventional Refugee Immigration law