Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Today I received letter from cic regarding my citizenship

Customer Question

Today I received letter from cic regarding my citizenship app.. They said :
A decision has been taken on your application. You should receive correspondence within the next three months.
I meet the judge he was happy from me and he said everything good and we want some one like you... I am afraid right now my app can be rejected?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Why do you feel that your application is going to be rejected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read post in internet same my stuation .. His name shadia janhttp://discuss.settlement.org/discuss/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11952My question why the judge say everything its ok and we need some one like you he was happy ..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As i know when they make descion made they will add the date of oath not wait 90 day? I am right
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
timeline- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April XX , 2013.
- We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April XX , 2013.
- We started processing your application on July XX , 2013.
- We sent you a notice on August XX , 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on September XX , 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
- We sent you a notice on August XX , 2015 to appear for an interview with a citizenship judge on August XX , 2015 at 9:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
- A decision has been taken on your application. You should receive correspondence within the next three months.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will take time to reply? Can i chat with u
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I don't see that this is bad at all.

You've not been rejected and they let you go this far.

Just because one person had a problem doesn't mean you did.

And that case is odd because when someone is a day off the Judge has discretion.

You said the Judge said everything was OK and so I believe the Judge has told you that you will be fine and so you should not worry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got letter from CIC they not approve my citizen app .. because they are 50 days absent , when i met the judge i am already explain to him the 50 days it's not my problem it's CIC because they change the requirement to submit citizenship application.Let me explain what happen :
- I am PR on Feb 25 , 2009
- I applied for citizenship on Feb 26,2012
after i applied I saw they are missing 1 day in my citizenship application. and I reject citizenship application in Oct 2012 to applied again without any problem. however when I want to submit the new citizenship application they required new requirement like language certificate ( IELTS or TOFEL ) However when i did took with me 4 month and I applied for Citizenship on April 2013 at this time i missing 50 days but this 50 days for just to take the IELTS exam with regisration.my question I can make appeal on this decision ? and do you think it's worth it ?I have attached the letter from CIC .. PLease tell me i can make appeal
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I don't understand.d

Why did the exam cause you to lose 50 days of residency? Are you saying that if you could have submitted it earlier you would have not been short the days?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea if I applied before November 2013 at this time i will not lose day but becuase they have new rules i lost 50 day
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I understand.

I suggest you do consider appealing but you should not do so on your own.

You need an immigration lawyer to write the appeal for you.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you prefer me some one
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

No I cannot do that but what province are you in? I may be able to find the contact information you need to use a referral service.