Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I met my wife online on November 2013, I was in canada

Customer Question

I met my wife online on November 2013, I was in canada living as permanent resident and she was living in morocco and never left it. my wife and I got married on Feb 6 2014 in Jordan, we stayed for one week then she left to morocco and I came back to Canada, I applied for her visit visa on March 2014 and she got it and came to live with me on april 2014. I also applied to sponsor her at the same day, she became PR in canada on December 2014. we have a 5 month baby born in May 9th 2015. her mom came at the same day of our daughter birth after a visa I applied for invinting her based on my wife request. her mom stayed in canada with me fully sponsored for over 5 months; and did not accept to leave the country before I pay her 4000 CAD she claimed her daughter owes her. I noticed my wife behavior drastically change since July 2014 with me and, very severly after the daughter birth and her mom's visit. Now she is got a job and she plans to send all her income to morocco to her mom while I pay for everything of our live
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to mention that we met online over a dating website arablounge.com; and that the first time we saw each other face to face was on Feb 3 in Jordan. I've never been to morroco till now and she never left morocco till her trip to jordan feb 2014
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also sent my wife before marriage around 2500 CAD , after marriage i took full responsibility of all the wife expenses ; gave her 1500 CAD before she went back to morroco from jordan. then sent her another 1000 CAD; then paid for her ticket to come to canada first time in april 2014 and the sponsorship application. Aside from all her living and luxury expenses, she has a piece of my credit card of limit of 7000 CAD; I sent her mom 1000 CAD in July upon request from my wife claiming it's shipping expenses for gifts to her, then her mom asked for money to cover for a planned party of wedding in moroco so I sent her 2000 CAD. then my wife sent 500 CAD to her brother in morocco against my well and without me knowing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to mention that on July 2014, we received a gift parcel from a firend of her in US that I never knew or met. my wife claimed those were gifts for 2000 CAD; later that month; she asked to send her friend 300 CAD as a compensation for the gifts she sent her. and that she wanted them urgently
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for posting. I've read your information. What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the question is? can I report this marriage to be a fraud for immigration? my wife financial situation appeared to be severely bad before our marriage and she had plans to immigrate to Germany or italy. she was on debt that I paid and then I realized she had other debt that she claimed her brother is compensating for. Her brother also asked for a compensation on the money he spent and I didnt' know this till August 2014. and Can I ask for full custody of my daughter if she was deported?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didnt know about all of this before marriage. and also her dad who had issues with the family that we never knew about till two days before the marraige; he was supposed to come from italy to the wedding and then he called me from there cursing all his family and claiming that this is not his daughter. and that he doesnt mind me marrying her but that he couldnt afford to come unless i paid him a ticket to jordan that his family refused to pay. then his family presented to me and my family a very bad image of their father which was never mentioned before. her mom and dad were separated for 10 years and he was brought to picture just to have the wedding work
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

OK, this situation has a lot to do with family/divorce law and immigration law too. I'm going to opt out as your expert, there's another on the site who is better than I in such matters. I'm sure that your question will be picked up by them soon.

Ulysses

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying she only married you to get PR status?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not just that, I have very strong doubts that not only there was a plan to use me as a bridge for her to get the PR status and her mom (and brother lateron) to gain access to Canada , but also to financially use me taking advantage of the baby whether she stayed with me or not, as well as splitting my assets in case of divorce
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

But that doesn't sound like it would be grounds for deportation.

It sounds like she may be a manipulative using woman but if she is still with you and hadchad a child with you then there is no way that you can convince Canada immigration this is a sham marriage.

A sham marriage is where someone only gets married to a Canadian or permanent resident for immigration purposes. Then once they achieve their purpose they end the marriage. That is not what is happened here.

It is not the least bit likely the Canada immigration will deport your spouse and have the child remain with you. If you wish to discuss the family law aspects of this question I can do that as well but I will need to do that on a new post.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what if she was asking for a divorce, and asked me a few times to find a lawyer? , and if she had the financial ability, she would appoint a lawyer to do so ?
she asks me to find someone because, she doesn't want to do anything and used on me doing her stuff for her
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

She can get divorced and so can you. And she or you can retain your own lawyers. But either of you can get divorced without lawyers.

But this is not grounds for deportment.

Her behaviour may help you in family court if you end up there though.

And it sure sounds like you should be consulting with a family lawyer face to face at this point so this stops as you are being used and harmed.