Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience in Canada family law, plus criminal, civil, and employment
17441061

I have a matter with york region CAS that has been going on

Customer Question

I have a matter with york region CAS that has been going on over 3 yrs. My 2 boys (2.5 and 4) have been in CAS custody for 2 yrs. My husband and I have worked our asses off to co-operate and do everything they ask and they still have not returned our children. Unfortunately we made a few mistakes. But none of these have had an effect on our children. They take the smallest concern and use it as an excuse to continue to drag this out. They state they want to return our children. That just keep finding reasons to delay. If they expect perfection we'll never get them back.
Help
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question and for requesting me.

Firstly, don't write anything that can identify you or the children specifically.

Are you still at the step of a Protection Application or has there been a final order already (presumably society wardship) and now it's a Status Review Application?

Are both you and your husband attending all of your access?

What are your "few mistakes"? Minimizing the problems won't help you. They are what the are, whether the CAS wants to make them larger or you want to make them smaller.

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

I'm still here if you want to discuss your matter. If not, then that's fine. Don't forget about your deposit to the site if you made one; you can ask for it back by sending a note to customer service.

Ulysses

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

I was thinking about your question today and thought I'd check in. Any new developments? What is your lawyer saying?