Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

The whole story started when I was 38 weeks pregnant and

Customer Question

The whole story started when I was 38 weeks pregnant and threatened by an IBEW rep to either play nice and they will be nice or try to fight then and they will ruin me
Ever since that visit, its been insane stories for the last 4mths of hell as my business is being threatened and totally sabotaged by these guys.
I have no rights. I have no say. And I am a sitting duck for a family owned business that I am trying to run while now taking care of a newborn. I can’t even take a day off for maternity leave.
on Sept 11 we had a ransom note thrown at my office door step this Friday sept 11
Someone called the office blocked number and told the admin to go outside immediately or else
When she went outside she found this note.
Which means someone is circling around my office spying and throwing these letters of ransom, threats and intimidation
The police were called
That night, the vandalized my work truck and broke the head lights
The admin now resigned being too scared to continue to work
Ever since that visit, its been insane stories for the last 4mths of hell as my business is being threated and totally sabotaged by these guys.
Someone has got to hear this story and realize something is not right here.
Its not the usual union story. And I am not like Lorne Electric but the story is pretty damn close.
where is the labour board in all of this
where is my rights as a business owner
as a woman, as a mother, as a canadian business owner?
I am now being sent audits from every agency due to the union calling and making claims against me in order to drain me and my time knowing I have a 3mth old baby
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear all this.

What are the police doing?

Can you prove that it is this union that is doing this to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't proven anything.
But the audits that are being placed on me can't just be coincidences. Police just make reports. Is there not a women's rights lawyer that can allow me the time to beoff with my baby
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what you mean. You are on mat leave now and of course that is the law. As well I thought you owned the business so who is stopping you from taking this leave?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i run the business so my plan was to slow down and have a baby.but now the union reps knowing that i had a baby and my time is limited as chosen to order me into hearing with the labour board, wsib audit, ministry of labour audits etc... i am literally stuck between a 3mth old and trying to run a business to now hearings,tribunals and now audits to drain my time and wear me down.
can i not have any rights as a woman? as a mother? what they are trying to do right now is insanity.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I cannot speak to you on the phone. The rules of my law society don't allow that as I am not your lawyer.

You can seek an adjournment from the Labour Board and ask for more time for the audits.

You can say you are on mat leave and cannot fairly be able to attend to these matters for at least a few more months.

It sounds like you need a labour lawyer and not a woman's rights lawyer to assist you.