Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I think I'm looking who does Aministration Law, anyone out

Customer Question

I think I'm looking for someone who does Aministration Law, anyone out there in Canada or U.S. please. I am in Canada.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am a lawyer in Canada.

What are the basic facts and what is your question please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What kind of lawyer are you? and can we do the window chat thing?

What kind of law do you practice please????

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

There are no administrative lawyers on the site. At least there aren't any on the Canada law list. I have been answering administrative law questions on the site for seven years now. Would you like for me to try and assist you or would you prefer for me to opt out?

We can only communicate the way we are doing so now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok that's good.

I am currently going through the process of a Judicial Review. Do you know what that is?

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Yes I do.

Please now set out the basic facts and then provide me with your question.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was accepted to the Special Access Program 9 years ago because I have prolongued insomnia. Only one sleeping medicine makes me sleep and it's one in the U.S. Ambien. In 2004 they came out with one in Canada, then another but both contain saccaharine which give me migraines that are uncontrollable with any medication.

They have refused my recent claim saying that if it was an allergy as opposed to what my doctor put which is an intolerance they would have to continue providing it to me. The short of it is I cost money and they want to cut me from the program. It's fine that Canada will pay 500 million to bring in and house and feed the refugees but for someone born here, they will let me die. Is there anything I can do in your opinion?

This is taking way too long is there any way to speed it up please?

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What province is this please?

Is the decision made by the Ministry of Health?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ITS FEDERAL, MADE BY HEALTH CANADA.

THIS IS TOO TEDIOUS. I WILL HAVE TO CONTINUE TOMORROW.

I'LL CALL THE OFFICE AND SEE IF THEY CAN PERMANENTLY PUT ME INTO CHAT MODE. THIS COULD TAKE DAYS.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

So are you saying that that used to pay for the US medication and now they will not. They are saying that you can buy the Canadian medication on your own. Is that essentially the situation?

I assume that the U. S. medication is prohibitively expensive for you?