Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I got a leyyer from immigration canada i have to show up im

Customer Question

hi i got a leyyer from immigration canada i have to show up im really scared of what can happen. im a visitor and got a domestic charge
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me.

I am not sure what you mean. Are you saying you were charged with domestic assault and you are here on a visitor's visa and you get a letter from immigration asking you to attend for an interview? Or is it for a hearing?

What province are you in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im im ontario i have to show up its a hearing maybe i dont have the papers in front of me
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You are going to need to retain an immigration lawyer to represent you or you will likely face deportation and could be banned from returning.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-***-***-**** or(###) ###-####(within the GTA)

You should not consider going into a hearing on your own.

I am not able to speak to you on the phone as the rules of my law society prohibit it because you are not my client.