Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am located in Ontario, Canada 't know if a lawyer from

Customer Question

I am located in Ontario, Canada Don't know if a lawyer from yonder is conversant with red light camera tickets and plea bargaining it down. The set fine is 325 There is information that specifies -photograph taken by camera shows the auto approaching the
intersection at which time the signal had displayed red for 0.8 seconds -the light had been red for 1.8 seconds -speed 53km/hr or converted 33mph Will decipher shortly what the speed limit is either 25 or 30mph Also when I attended the 1st resolution meeting
with collective people - prosecutor stated 85 dollar reduction if a person pleaded guilty -Other variables, I am a city employee and its a city police force but I am an employee of another dept but not of police -they are bringing in an outside municipal prosecutor
because of conflict of interest
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

So are you not willing to take that offer?

I am not sure what you are asking exactly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to know the exact significance of the times denoted in the infraction - seconds the light was red etcAlso I was going basically going the speed limit 50km/hr
----------------
So there is a second part of this question - I have three tickets going forward at the resolution meeting.I have TWO RED light tickets spaced 8 months apart. Not the same intersection but same speed and times going through the intersection. At the end of the day, I realize one doesn't go through red or ***** *****ghts. The captured pictures show clearly there were no pedestrians or traffic from the perpendicular direction waiting to go through.
Also the third ticket was disobeying sign HTA. I made a right turn on a green light where prohibited.
Again no pedestrians or traffic waiting from the perpendicular.
That ticket is only around 100 dollars but carries two demerit points. I don't want that conviction.I wish to plead guilty to the two red light tickets but want the charge for the disobeyed sign be changed
to a municipal parking infraction that has no points. What would be a good combo plead and fine amounts
for all threeI have no intention to take this to trial. I think the red light camera tickets are cash grabs but they serve
their purpose for blatant individuals which t bone and create critical accidents so they have a given purposeAs to the initial questions - can the significance of the times, speeds of the red light cameras be of any use?Do you have real experience in this sort of infraction?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

This is beyond what I can help with. I will opt out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For the next barrister
"I made a right turn on a green light where prohibited"
That was wrong.
I made a right turn on a RED Light where prohibited!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Moderator - close the question off - too much time elapse