Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

We are in Court of Queens Bench sueing for $58830.00

Customer Question

Hi
We are in Court of Queens Bench sueing for $58830.00 replacement of our 1996 5th wheel trailer and 2000 chevrolet truck which was burnt in a camp fire caused by the defendant. We had a lawyer but he got fired from the firm. We have recieved a offer of $8000.00 that we rejected. I sent a formal letter to settle for $49500.00 with no interests or costs. My question is whats my next move if rejected?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

What stage of the lawsuit are you at? For example, have you had discovery?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lawyer sent our affavit of records. I gave them a time line of Sept 30, do they have to respond to it?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

If they don't provide their Affidavit of Documents then your next step would be to bring an application to court to get an order compelling them to provide theirs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have thiers! i think i have to do the discovery asking the witnesses questions
Can i claim cost for this step
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Then what did you give them a deadline for? What costs are you asking about claiming?

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did up a letter for self represented and a response to the letters i recieved from them and a formal letter to settle for $49500 without costs or interest the deadline was sept 30.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I see.

So then you move on to the next stage and you make arrangements with them to set up a time for discoveries.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the discoveries do i need to get all witnesses and bring all my evidence. So kind of getting ready for trail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do i need to do for this discovery
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

This is not for your witnesses.

It is where the parties get to cross-examine each other about the pleadings and the documents.