Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am a victim of mortgage fraud. The police have put a

Customer Question

I am a victim of mortgage fraud. The police have put a report on FOIP. the RCMP say they are ready to move forward wit the file but they want me to hire a lawyer. I hired 5 and they just ripped me off. I understand that the police Victim of Fraud can help and I will file a Victim impact statement and Restitution and the police will give it to the Crown Prosecutor. Is that correct? Why have they been bullying me to hire lawyers who have done nothing to clear my title of the fraudulent documents
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me.

I am sorry this happened to you.

I assume they want you to be ready to sue this criminal because restitution is not always ordered and often even if it is the offender doesn't make it.

With a judgment you can seek to seize this person's assets, garnish wages if he/she is not in prison etc.

As well, if there is a fraudulent mortgage on title you need a court order to have it removed and the RCMP or Crown cannot help with that.

So you need a litigation lawyer to assist you.

There are decent and honest lawyers out there but you just have to find one.

You can try your province's lawyer referral service if it has one. That tends to work quite well.