Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I had a car accident in 2010 in Ontario and the company is

Customer Question

I had a car accident in 2010 in Ontario
and the company is willing to settle there is 28,000 left for medical and they offered to me 18,500 to settle now, is there any thing else I could ask from them as I will not be better anytime soon a lawyer once told me that after 2 years you cant sue for more?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Did you start a lawsuit back then at all?

When did the company deny your claim?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked at a lawsuit back in the day bit never went through with it. The company has never denied my clam, they gave me a major accident benifit claim with an evvaluation of 50,000 which I jave been using . The hiccup is the additional doctors ir specialists have been eating up the money. I have 28000 left in the claim, however they are likely to send me to a specialist to continue my treatment . That will eat up about another 7000 dollars brining it down to 21000 . that is why I was looking at settling for 18,500 ,I just want to make sure that I am not missing any other settlement that I am entitled to.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You cannot sue for something that happened in 2010 as there is a 2 year limitation period.

You could sue the company if they ever deny your claim as the limitation period would start on the day they denied your claim.

I cannot analyze your facts as only your own lawyer can do this. For example, I cannot know what they have covered, why the claims is limited to another $28,000, why you would have to pay for a specialist etc.

So it is vital you see a personal injury lawyer face to face before giving up any of your rights.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-***-***-**** or(###) ###-####(within the GTA)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the accident was an mva which has a maximum of 50,000 for rehabilitation, I am trying to find out if there is something I am missing that is why I was coming to you for assistance.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

But there's no way that I would know if you're missing something. You need a lawyer to review the facts, your policy, what you been paid so far and what you may need going forward.

How would a lawyer working online who doesn't know your case be able to give me that information in ameaningful as there's no way that I would know if you're missing something. You need a lawyer to review the facts, your policy, what you been paid so far and what you may need going forward.

How would a lawyer working online who doesn't know your case be able to give me that information into meaningful and honest way? It's not possible.

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Why would you close the question just because I am being honest with you.

It is not possible to answer your last question online. I did answer all I could and you took up a lot of my time.

Please be fair and reasonable.