Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am a contractor and have a company that is not very busy.

Customer Question

I am a contractor and have a company that is not very busy . so my question is I did a roofing job for this guy and family my partner in the company does vinyl decking and she started doing the top of the house.. as she finished her day she had torn off some of the vinyl... she did not cover up the edges in case of rain but it did rain that night and the walls in the house got wet... he the home owner desided to start taking off the drywall himself and then had an envirolmental person in to test for mold... as before he came the home owner tore out more drywall himself... as I instructed him not to do he did it anyway would the void any or all repairs on my behave...
thanks conserned
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

How much will this damage cost them to repair? Are you able to do the repairs yourself?

Why did you not want him to rip out the drywall?