Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have been given an eviction notice and the property

Customer Question

I have been given an eviction notice and the property manager who issued this with the LTB will not take my calls, return messages via phone or email to sort this out. I have only been in this apartment for 6 weeks. They say I owe rent from August, fine, I will pay it, just they won't contact me. I gave them direct debit access to my bank for rental payment. My bank has upgraded their online software an I can't get access to my account history. This has never happened to me before and I have been renting in Ottawa for over 40 years. I don't know what I can do if they refuse to contact me to sort this out. If I am in the wrong, I will accept responsibility, but are they not responsible to contact me personally to sort this out. This is not a small property management company here. I also tried to contact the LTB but after going through all the phone options I never did get an option to connect to anyone. Your advice would be much appreciated since I don't know what else I can do to get them to at least call or email me. Just contact me. They went directly to an eviction notice before even trying to bring this matter to my attention, which I would have sorted out with them had they done so. Advice please and thanks. *****
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Is this a notice or are you saying they are already brought an application to the LTB?

Are you saying you don't know how to pay them because they didn't take the direct debit?