ratioscripta
ratioscripta,
7286322

I have a question are you online at the moment?

Customer Question

Hi there I have a question
are you online at the moment?
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Is it possible to resign while on Administrative leave?
2. Is reading someone's email (who gave you access) a criminal offense?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ratioscripta replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) please wait to rate until I ask you to do so. It may take a few replies for me to be able to render an complete answer. I will let you know when I do.

Can you please tell me what state this is in, and, a little more about what happened with the email? How was it read without the actual recipient's okay to do so? Was there hacking involved? Etc.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is in Ontario Canada.I was given the login credentials for a PhD student (by the student herself) because she needed help preparing her stuff. We are friends, so I thought at the time. I am a research analyst so many of the things she was struggling with are part of my job description and therefore tasks I felt very comfortable completing appropriately. I was helping her out with a lot of things. One of her friends then went to our director and complained that I had access to the emails and files (as I was granted by the student) and now I'm on administrative leave for them to "investigate". I did not hack anything. I was given the login credentials and asked to support a friend.

I see. Sorry, for some reason this was in the US legal category. I am going to move it to Canada law and opt out.

Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it. Also, there is no need to rate, either. Please save this for the expert who actually answers your question.

My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck...