Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I have been accused of molesting my child. I am innocent and

Customer Question

I have been accused of molesting my child . I am innocent and I am afraid that if this person persue's this accusation of what will happen to me and my family.
I want to know what I should do to protect myself.
I have created a timeline of the day in question with my wife is going to write out the conversation she had with the accuser. I was not confronted with this accusation but it was my wife who was told this by the accuser. When my wife came home from that meeting, and with me in another part of the house and unaware of what was told to her, she asked my child questions and videotaped the Q and A.
My wife wants me to take a poligraph for proof of my innocence. I have no problem doing this by I want to know if this the appropriate thing to do or if we should do something else. I am calling an agency that does poligraphs to get more information.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

It is never wise to take a poligraph until after you've had legal advice.

This is a very serious situation and googling for what to do is not good enough.

You need to see a lawyer, face to face, and today if possible.

This is not the time to think you can handle this on your own or worry about legal fees. The possible consequences are too severe for that.

What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-***-***-**** or(###) ###-####(within the GTA)

Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.

Here's the link to their website:

http://www.lexpert.ca/Directory/DirectoryContent/FindLawyersOrFirm.aspx