Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

How does it typically take spousal sponsorship? My fiancee

Customer Question

How long does it typically take for a spousal sponsorship? My fiancee lives in Greece and I have a well paying job in Canada (between $150K and $200K). Also, he has a degree in Economics and Marketing and knows English.
Also, do you believe there is any way to expedite the process? I understand there is an express entry option as well although I'm unsure if he would qualify?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Are you planning to sponsor your spouse, or are you saying that he is considering applying as a skilled worker?

As soon as I get this information I will be able to provide you with an answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Either or. Whichever will be faster or is an easier option (in terms of guaranteeing his approved application)
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

There are no guarantees unfortunately but in most cases a spousal sponsorship is simpler.

The spousal sponsorship will take about 14 months.

The express entry for skilled workers can be faster but he needs to qualify and it is much more complicated.

It would be best to have your fiancee's details reviewed by an immigration lawyer during a face to face consultation.