How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 98932
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There's been a property home empty years kids broke in

Customer Question

There's been a property home empty for 12 years kids broke in several times damaged it and stole all the cope wire.
I can't find the owner of property ID like to move in and repair the house. Will they take it away or can I obtain property ý
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You cannot do that unless you find the owner and buy the house or at least get a court order that allows you to buy the house.

People cannot enter other people's property, even if the property appears abandoned and work on it or live there.

Related Canada Law Questions