How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 96418
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have $ 25000 of outstanding traffic tickets, my licence

Customer Question

I have $ 25000 of outstanding traffic tickets, my licence has been suspended and i wanted back, can u do anything for me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I cannot act for you.

I suggest that you try and come to an agreement with the MTO about how much you will pay and when and see if they will agree to waive some of the fines or let you pay them off slowly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I'm not satisfied by your answer i know that some lawyers will act and I needed kind of guide to start moving forward to the solution
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

There are no lawyers on the site that are permitted to act for you and, unless you just want a lawyer to try and negotiate for you, there is no need to retain a lawyer. You cannot sue the government to give you a license when you do not have a right to a license. A license is a legal privledge and not a right and you lost this privledge because you have unpaid fines.

If you think it will work out for you to retain a lawyer then you can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-***-***-**** or(###) ###-####(within the GTA)

Related Canada Law Questions