Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Last month I got into an accident. I was driving down the

Customer Question

Last month I got into an accident. I was driving down the road and I accidentally ran head first into an electrical pole. There was a lot on my mind that day, was tired and had not eaten a whole lot. After crashing I call 911, after their assessment they issued me a careless driving ticket. Do you think there is any way I can get this reduced? If so, what do you think would be my best approach?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You can likely get this reduced.

The way this works is that in most cases if you plead not guilty then on the day of the trial you can usually come to an agreement with the Crown to plead guilty to a lesser offence. This will be good for you of course and it better for the legal system as you are not taking up hours of the Judge, police office and Crown's time.