Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I was a guarantor nieces mortgage loan a number of years ago

Customer Question

I was a guarantor for my nieces mortgage loan a number of years ago and to spite my bailing them out, the matter was eventually taken to court. The house was sold but the only proof I have is a MLS listing saying it was sold. My wife and I tried to get a loan to consolidate some debts and our mortgage but because this is on my record and I couldn't prove the house being sold (I didn't have the MLS listing at the time) we were refused. What do I need to do to?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

All you have to do is have someone do a title search on the property and it will show that there are new owners.

Any real estate lawyer can do that for you in a matter of minutes from her/his desk and it will not cost much at all.