How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 97404
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a member of a municipal council, I declared a pecuniary

Customer Question

I am a member of a municipal council, I declared a pecuniary interest at the meeting but since this time I no longer have one can I participate again, what should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should mention within the province of Ontario.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Have you brought this up with the council and if so what was the reaction?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fellow members and staff won't give an opinion on how to proceed. Looking for independent advice.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I cannot give advice. You need your own lawyer for that. I can people provide legal information only. Generally, there is no reason why you cannot provide proof that there is no longer any pecuniary interest and then resume your regular involvement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you familiar with this act, it is not on me to give any extra information, no action can be taken against me without a complaint. I'm having a hard time finding in the act what to do in the situation, the advice so far is not accurate. If you are not familiar with this act, please let me know as I have studied the act however don't understand all the terminology.Thanks,
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I am not familiar with the Act.

Related Canada Law Questions