Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am a member of a municipal council, I declared a pecuniary

Customer Question

I am a member of a municipal council, I declared a pecuniary interest at the meeting but since this time I no longer have one can I participate again, what should I do?
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should mention within the province of Ontario.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Have you brought this up with the council and if so what was the reaction?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fellow members and staff won't give an opinion on how to proceed. Looking for independent advice.
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I cannot give advice. You need your own lawyer for that. I can people provide legal information only. Generally, there is no reason why you cannot provide proof that there is no longer any pecuniary interest and then resume your regular involvement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you familiar with this act, it is not on me to give any extra information, no action can be taken against me without a complaint. I'm having a hard time finding in the act what to do in the situation, the advice so far is not accurate. If you are not familiar with this act, please let me know as I have studied the act however don't understand all the terminology.Thanks,
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am not familiar with the Act.