How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 98899
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a company %100 owner, the manager has been aquiring

Customer Question

I own a company %100 owner , the manager has been aquiring about business loans , without my knowing and approval , I don't know if he has sent any information to the loan place , but is that still attempted fraud for aquiring without permission
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am married to the manager just got separated and he's been acquiring without my permission he has been blackmailing me with my company and telling me he will not support us if you does not have control of the company I am now a single mother with children and no job
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has complete control and if I do not follow his demands he will bankrupt my company because he had not been paying the taxes so we all taxes now , due to him being my husband I let him have control at the time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am aboriginal and he is not
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.


You have posted this question in US law. In what US state is this taking place?

If this is not a US law question, please tell me the country involved so that I can have customer service move it to the correct category.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

This will have to be moved to Canada law. I will contact customer service to let them know. It may take time, but you will get an email when a Canada lawyer replies.

Please do not rate my services because I have not provided you with an answer. Save the rating for the Canadian lawyer who answers your question.

Good luck with your case.

Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

With whom is he speaking and does he have signing authority?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No signing Authority his name is ***** ***** ,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what company he works for but his name was added as a contact there was an email sent with his name number and info that he needs for the loan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Husband (ex) is threatening to open his own company , so I'm worried he will get that loan and use it for his own company
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

How do you know this happened and are you saying he held himself out as asking for a loan for your business?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still loged into the emails witch he has no idea I am , there was an email with his name sent to him with all the info required and he does not have a company ,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is also planing on buying another company with a friend
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have everything saved
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

But how would this cause your company to get a business loan. Isn't he just asking for his own now that you are separated?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is trying to get a loan with my company , he went threw bankruptcy 6 years ago , so I'm worried he trying to get loan from my company to start his own company
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then leave me with all depts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I let him have control of company for over a year then I find out he hasn't paid the CRA and we 40,000 in dept already , and with my name on everything I get stuck with everything ,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The other thing is he said is if I close my company on him he will not support kids and I , and we will be on the streets ,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have anything or do I just sit back and wait for him to screw up or commit fraud
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

This is more a family law issue than anything as there are issues about support and the division of assets and so goes well beyond his possibly committing fraud.

In my view you should be consulting with a family lawyer as soon as possible. The issues about the debts and possibly financing through fraud can all be addressed through family court.

Related Canada Law Questions