How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99009
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Several years ago,I had power of Attorney drawn up mother

Customer Question

Hi, several years ago,I had power of Attorney drawn up for my mother for property and personal care. Now when I find I am going to need to use it the lawyer that drew up the documents has retired, how do I retrieve that information?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What province is this please?

Are you saying that lawyer has the documents?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know where the documents would be . i am in Ontario
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

So you were right to contact the law society. It is actually the Law Society of Upper Canada. They will know where the lawyers's files are. They could be with another firm or the LSUC could have them in storage.

So call again if it is urgent and explain the matter is becoming urgent and you cannot wait.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

Related Canada Law Questions