Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My car is totalled other driver 100 percent at fault. am I

Customer Question

my car is totalled other driver 100 percent at fault. am I entitled to car rental until settlement
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

It depends on your coverage or whether the driver has accepted total responsibility.

Here is what they say on their website:

If you have Loss of Use coverage (either the RoadStar or Roadside Plus package) or a driver has reported the crash and accepted responsibility, then we'll pay for your rental vehicle. We'll cover the cost until we offer you payment for your written-off car or the maximum coverage is reached, whichever comes first. The maximum under the RoadStar package is $500 while the Roadside Plus package covers up to $750. Both of these packages cover loss of use on a motor home for up to $1,000.