Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

L am a canadian citizen. l however, grew up i n scotland. l

Customer Question

l am a canadian citizen. l however, grew up i n scotland. l was a Royal Marine Commando for 35 years. My wife passed away 19 years ago and l returned tonCanada in 1997.
l retired here medically With PTSD in 2007.
My Doctor's saved my life.
I was lonely and met a Russian Dental Tech on line and fell in love. She was to take her leave/vacation with me in Spruce Grove, Edmonton, Alberta.
She was to have paid for this from her deceased husband savings.
l eventually had to pay for visa, tickets and allegedly fee of 5500dollars.
I alledge Fraud and theft. I believe l have her full details. Bank info, her home address and of course her full name. I would like to start proceedings to recover approx $8000cdn.
l am A Queens Medal winner and have connections with my former Special Forces.
l need your help. As an lonely older man; l got taken!.
l am not crying about the money or loss of future love. She did not do this alone?
l intend to rock Mr Putin's world.
me and mine lads have been there before and in this instance might be dangerous!!?
l am John XXXXXX. The Doc RM.
XXX XXX XXXX. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX! email.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Yours Sincerely, ***** *****
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry that this happened to you. You are undoubtedly a victim of what is known as a "romance scam."

It is hard to know whether the scammers (they tend to work in a group) are actually in Russia or not but, what I can tell you is that unfortunately you likely do not know her name because she does not exist, but rather is an imaginary person created by the group of scammers.

What you can do is report this fraud to the RCMP. They will take the information and it could be that this group of scammers has already been discovered by them.

Here is a link to the information you will need about how to report this fraud:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/scams-fraudes/rep-sig-eng.htm