Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Can someone please tell me if you can sue the SPCA ...I have

Customer Question

can someone please tell me if you can sue the SPCA for harassment...I have had the spca dispatched to my house 6 times and every time there has been nothing wrong...I have a 9 year old Great Dane and an 8 year old St Bernard...the spca told me my St Be4rnard was in distress because she had a wart on her ear...I told them she was fine and that everything was ok....they made me get a vet appointment for her....she saw the vet today and the vet said she had a flea allergy....and the wart was also a skin problem...I paid almost $300 dollars for the vet to tell me something I already knew....now the SPCA wants to check my Dane.....it is really getting annoying especially since the animals are happy and healthy....What can I do to stop the harassment and stress they are causing me...
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I suggest that you retain a lawyer to send them a letter indicating that all of their investigations have proven that there is nothing wrong with your dog, that you had to pay money needlessly, and that their conduct is tantamount to harassment and that it is causing you undue stress. The lawyer can threaten a lawsuit if it does not stop.