Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience in Canada family law, plus criminal, civil, and employment
17441061

I was caught shoplifting over 5 years ago and no charges

Customer Question

Hello I was caught shoplifting over 5 years ago and no charges were laid. Would this incident show up on a vulnerable sector check? I'm really worried since I am applying for jobs in the Healthcare sector. It's a corporate job but they still require this.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question. Were you charged with anything?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never charged. Police were called and they were there but they didn't take my fingerprints. They just let me go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have criminal record I believe. However I'm worried that incident could show up in the vulnerable sector check
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello are you there? I'm still waiting for some advice. Thank you.
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm back. I'm sorry that I left you, but office work took me away from the website for a couple of days. I assumed that another expert would pick up the thread, but nobody did. My apologies.

I'm here to discuss this further. You say that you were fingerprinted, but not charged with any criminal offence? Where were the prints taken? Were you actually arrested to your knowledge?