Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

PRODUCING DOCUMENTS: I have a question regarding how to

Customer Question

PRODUCING DOCUMENTS: I have a question regarding how to force documents from a plaintiff? This plaintiff only provided 284 records in their affidavit while I have over 20,800 pages. Plus key people on the other side have not provided any documents such as the CFO and the allegations involve financial mismanagement by me
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

If a party does not produce documents listed in their affidavit of documents then any other party can bring an application to court to seek an order compelling them to provide the documentary disclosure.

I do not know what you mean when you say you have tried so many lawyers. If you mean you are looking for a lawyer to act for you let me know and I can make some suggestions in that regard.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx. No lawyer would take this case because it's extremely complicated and involves many complicit high rollers. What I think would blow the case wide open would be an application to court seeking an Oder to produce documents. Is there some link to where I can find more info about this type of court application and how write same?
Thx
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

You would just bring an application to the court and provide a supporting affidavit and in your affidavit you would explain what is going on. The Affidavit is your sworn evidence that explains what happened, what you've done, what you need and why etc.