Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My husband was riding s bicycle home from work, he checked s

Customer Question

My husband was riding his bicycle home from work, he checked his mirror , there was a large truck, couldn't see anything behind, he turned left to turn onto the bike path and smashed into a car. She said she was too close to the truck in front of her to see him and he never saw her. He's pretty banged up, smashed his helmet in two. Now she wants us to pay the 2200.00 damage on her car. She has no comprehensive insurance on her $3500.00 car. I offered to pay half. She is livid, what can I do?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

If this was your spouse's fault then he is not going to have any choice but to pay to repair her car because if he doesn't she is going to sue him and get a judgement for these damages because if he caused the damages he has to put her in the same position she would have been in had the accident not occurred.

But, she should prove that she has gotten three estimates for what the repairs will cost.

I am sorry that this is not the answer you were hoping to hear, but I know you needed the correct answer.