Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience in Canada family law, plus criminal, civil, and employment
17441061

15 years ago the girl i was dating cheated on me with

Customer Question

15 years ago the girl i was dating cheated on me with another guy. She became preganent.She stayed with the other guy.She just contacted me saying that the kid isn't his, and is mine. Do i have any legal responsiblity now after all these years?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question. What province are you in? This was literally the first you've heard about it? How old is the child now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the first I've heard about it. I'm in Alberta. The child is I'm guessing about 14 or 15 yrs old.
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

I see. Have you had any other contact with mother at all in the meantime? What did she tell you? Is she looking for child support, or for you to do a paternity test, or to become involved? Did you ask her how sure she is that you're the father?

Are you now married/partnered, maybe with kids of your own? Does this development throw an enormous wrench into your life?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

I'm still here if you want to discuss your topic. If not, don't forget about your deposit to the site (unless you're on subscription).