How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ulysses101 Your Own Question
Ulysses101, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 3447
Experience:  11 years experience in Canada family law, plus criminal, civil, and employment
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Ulysses101 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

15 years ago the girl i was dating cheated on me with

Customer Question

15 years ago the girl i was dating cheated on me with another guy. She became preganent.She stayed with the other guy.She just contacted me saying that the kid isn't his, and is mine. Do i have any legal responsiblity now after all these years?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for the question. What province are you in? This was literally the first you've heard about it? How old is the child now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the first I've heard about it. I'm in Alberta. The child is I'm guessing about 14 or 15 yrs old.
Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

I see. Have you had any other contact with mother at all in the meantime? What did she tell you? Is she looking for child support, or for you to do a paternity test, or to become involved? Did you ask her how sure she is that you're the father?

Are you now married/partnered, maybe with kids of your own? Does this development throw an enormous wrench into your life?

Expert:  Ulysses101 replied 1 year ago.

I'm still here if you want to discuss your topic. If not, don't forget about your deposit to the site (unless you're on subscription).

Related Canada Law Questions