How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 97478
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a marsh or swamp that has been classified as a creek

Customer Question

I have a marsh or swamp that has been classified as a creek and therefore have a restrictive covenant on it (easement) as the plot was subdivided (now 4.2 Acres). We are on an agricultural land RU-1. Is it possible to remove this easement if I need to use it for agricultural purposes?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

If the easement is registered on title it generally can only be removed by the entity that holds the easement.

Sometimes this can be done by agreement but other times it may not be possible.

Whether you can get a court order would depend on the history and the facts and so for that you need to consult with a local lawyer face to face.