Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Last night I spoke to my cousin who informed me that my Aunt

Customer Question

Last night I spoke to my cousin who informed me that my Aunt believes I stole real estate from her. I don't even know how one could steal real estate. My Aunt is broadcasting this information to everyone in my home town. She has come to the conclusion because she's absolutely positive that someone would have to have a legal background.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I suggest that you, or a lawyer acting for you, send her a letter that she cease and desist defaming you like this and advising you that if she does not at once provide you with a written retraction and apology you will commence legal proceedings and will be seeking damages caused by her to your reputation and your legal costs.