Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am living in saudi arabia i have a friend living in canada

Customer Question

i am living in saudi arabia i have a friend living in canada who need money to buy a home i was give him 5000 CAD on this promise that whenever i require my money he will return back to me. when i need my money he was pay to me just 1000 CAD and then after this i demand my remain money he was block my number from a year he not answering me on phone and message can you please help me on this topic that how i will get back my money from him i have all the bank recepit of the amount which i give him
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

What province does your friend live in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brampton. Ontario
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any friends or family in Brampton or elsewhere in Ontario?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i have not
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You can sue him in Small Claims Court and can self-represent. But as you are in Saudia Arabia it will be very hard to do so.

So while it will not make sense to retain a lawyer as that will cost more than what is owing to you, you can retain a paralegal who can sue for you.

You or the paralegal can send him a letter demanding payment in full by a deadline that you set and telling him if he fails to pay you will commence legal proceedings and will be seeking interest and your costs.

Then you can have the paralegal sue in Small Claims Court. Once you get a judgment you can then enforce it by seizing assets, garnishing wages etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for answering me sorry I was outside the country. I don't know any of them there so how I will make any of paralegal for me ?
Expert:  Debra replied 1 year ago.

You can use the law society directory:

http://www2.lsuc.on.ca/LawyerParalegalDirectory/loadSearchPage.do

This question has been going on for some time. Please rate me now. My stats are being harmed by having an unrated question and I cannot receive credit for my work until you do.