How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 96459
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex girlfriend had a baby that is not of my flesh and

Customer Question

my ex girlfriend had a baby that is not of my flesh and blood I have raised him since day one the mother left us and moved out of town what legal rights do I have to gain custody of that child he still lives with me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
has been for over a month with no attempts by the mother to take him
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

If you've raised this child on your own and the mother (or biological father) have not been involved then your chances are superb that you would be able to get an order for sole custody.

The mother abandoned the child.

Related Canada Law Questions