Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I run a family daycare in my home and have so 20 years. I am

Customer Question

I run a family daycare in my home and have so for over 20 years. I am presently going through a investigation from Interior Health because there was a complaint that the kids didn't wash their hands one day and that I over charged a parent by $40. This parent that made the report has mental health issues. This investigation has been going on for 3 weeks and it has put my husband and I under a lot of stress not to mention the parents that bring their families here. I have full support from my current daycare parents. They have written letters on my behalf. I feel like Interior Health (daycare inspector) is treating me like a criminal. She came into my facility and took all my files. Children in my centre are loved and taken care of well. I feel like Interior Health is going overboard with their investigation. Especially since it is over something as small as hand washing. I have no where to turn for help.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

What have they said so far, and has anything led you to believe that they are going to try and revoke your license?