How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 97454
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My parents and all of my relatives were born in Canada. My

Customer Question

My parents and all of my relatives were born in Canada. My father became a U.S. citizen and I was born in the U.S. My mother lives in the U.S., but is still a Canadian citizen. Am I a Canadian citizen? How can I become one? I was born in 1959. All of my relatives still live in Canada, except my brother and mother.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Because your parents were Canadian citizens when you were born you are automatically considered to be a Canadian citizen. You do not need to apply for anything except for proof of citizenship.

Here is a link to the information about applying for proof of citizenship:

Once you get proof of citizenship you can then apply for a Canadian passport.

Related Canada Law Questions