Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Actually am from Mauritius. Am trying to find ways to

Customer Question

Actually am from Mauritius. Am trying to find ways to migrate to Canada either for work purposes or to study. Am actually looking for universities there or try to find a job. I work as an Internal Auditor n Mauritius at Leal and Co LTD, am asking you if ever you help me to find a job there in order for me to get there easily or give me some lease legal requirement information about how can i come to Canada because i got no family living there. I have only a close friend living in Toronto.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I cannot help you find a job. That is not the role of a lawyer. I am also not your lawyer.

I can explain the law.

If you get an accepted to a university you can come to Canada on a study permit. After 6 months of full-time attendance you can get an open work permit and can work 20 hours a week.

Or if you get a job offer then you can apply for a temporary work permit.

If you get to study in Canada and then work, or if you work in Canada on a permit then after 4 years of being in Canada you can apply to immigrate under what is called the Canada Experience Class.

If you want more information about the study permit, work permit or Canada Experience Class let me know and I can provide you with links to the relevant webpages.