Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Yesterday atm in one bank (vancovuer area)was giving 50$

Customer Question

yesterday atm in one bank (vancovuer area)was giving 50$ bills instead of 20$. I was drunk and took money few times (I 'earned' on this 700) there more people in the same time that did the same. I just realized what i did today on the evening...
should I go to the bank and give it back or should I wait until they will contact me to give it back?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
This will be discovered of course and the date and the videos of your withdrawals will be analyzed and it will be clear that you kept taking out money as you found you were making money.
The bank would likely be more sympathetic to understanding your actions rather than simply calling the police if you were to return the money voluntarily and at once.
But that is just my suspicion. I am not your lawyer and cannot give you advice but I am simply providing some very general information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My bigger concern is if they can still press charges when i will go and bring money back?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

They can but you are clearly lowering the chances of that happening if you give back the money and do so voluntarily.