Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

Is it possible to find out what kind of visa someone from

Customer Question

Is it possible to find out what kind of visa someone from Canada has?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Tom B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello
There is no way that Canada will release information about a person who has entered the US. That is the extent a Canadian lawyer can assist.
I am not an US lawyer but, on your facts, Homeland Security and US Immigration might find your facts interesting.
Probably they will give you no information at all but will be interested in hearing whether US laws have been violated for future investigation.
Canadians do not need a Visa to enter the US as a visitor. They can stay for up to 6 months and then they must leave. Once they leave, they can come back for another 6 months and so on. But while there as a visitor, they cannot work at all.
The local school system could be more flexible but that is about each district. I find it difficult to believe that any district would just accept a child without knowing their immigration status.
However, in answer to your question, Canadians can visit (but not work) the US without a Visa. The US agencies delicate their status and I am not a US lawyer.
Those are my thoughts. Please advise if I can assist further.
Sincerely,
Tom
Expert:  Tom B. replied 1 year ago.

Please ask if you need more info or rate my answer well :)