Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I am a mechanic in Alberta. I repaired a truck tree trimmer

Customer Question

I am a mechanic in Alberta. I repaired a truck for a tree trimmer without getting his signature on a work order because he hired me over the telephone. He has not paid me, but I still have the truck at my shop. The bill is over 1 1/2 years old. The cost of the repairs are greater than the value of the truck. He will not take my calls. I have his name and his address. Is there a LEGAL way for me to sell his truck to recover even part of the outstanding bill?? Is there another remedy for this bill? I am willing to forgive all of the interest if I could collect. The last time he did talk to me he indicated that he was willing to pay for the parts and trade his tree trimming labor for my Mechanic labor, I told him that I WOULD trade like that. since then I phone and leave messages he dose nothing.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

You can sue him in Small Claims Court and can self-represent.

Then once you get the judgment you can enforce it by seizing assets, garnishing wages etc.

So the next step is to sue.