How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 96972
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I reqquest a new judge?

Customer Question

How do I reqquest a new judge?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, it is not really possible to request a new judge.

To ask a judge to recuse him/herself is a very serious step. If the Judge doesn't then you are stuck with a Judge whom you have alleged is biased. To have a Judge removed you have to prove bias and this is rarely possible. It is almost unheard of for someone to succeed, especially someone that is self-representing.

Please don't shoot the messenger but you need an honest and accurate answer.

Your question likely sat all night because experts don't like to provide bad news as customers often rate them negatively as a result.

You can file a complaint against the judge but again that can really harm your case as the judge is seized of the matter.

If you can afford a lawyer it would be best to retain one as the judge may treat the lawyer differently.

Related Canada Law Questions