Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I and my boyfriend have bought a condo and will close the

Customer Question

I and my boyfriend have bought a condo and will close the sale next week, August 18th. The current owners will be 'renting' from that date until the moving date September 1st, so there will be an amount that we should be charging while they remain.
My question is; who's responsibility is it to calculate that amount to put forth to the current owners, us the buyers or our notary?
Our notary says it is an agreement between buyer and seller but I think he has no idea what he is doing or he is potentially being lazy or crooked.
Any help you be most appreciated as this is the biggest purchase of our lives - thank you so kindly.
Darrin
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a copy of the agreement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but I have an appointment today to straighten all this out - thank you for responding. I was rather on edge last night when I sent the question and have since chilled out. Thank you anyway.
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

OK