Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My x husband had an affair and Aftr 2 months he remarried.

Customer Question

Hello. My x husband had an affair and Aftr 2 months he remarried. Before and after he still called texted me. Sending me pictures and wanting to meet me. Also wanted to have sex. I did not meet with him I've kept all conversations. I called OPP to explain that I want to facebook her to let her know. Cop said it was not illegal to pass information to her. But is there any other repercussion? I don't want to be sued.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.
You can always be sued. There is no way to stop that. But the issue is whether you would lose the lawsuit and so long as you tell the truth you could not be sued successfully for passing on accurate information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx but here's the thing. It's not libel or slander. I saved all texts etc. I don't understand what else could happen. She deserves to knowthe truth
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should i?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's common law for ontario? Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I facebook his wife, and give her info. Should I say I will not b contacting you again. Anything else I can say?
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

Yes I know it is not liable or slander and that is why I am saying that you cannot be sued successfully. But any person can always start a lawsuit and there's nothing to stop them. So, you should know that yes this woman or your former spouse can sue you but I don't see how either can sue you successfully.

And you can say that all of this is true, you have no intention of harassing her, you felt that she needed to know the truth and you will not be contacting her ever again.,