Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I was recently asked to leave my employer of ten years. No

Customer Question

hi, i was recently asked to leave my employer of ten years. No cause just did not fit their future plans. They have offered to pay me to the end of my current term (Feb. 2016) and all accumulated vacation pay. I think they need to recognize my ten years of commitment with a monetary amount over and above the remainder of my term. My position was the most senior administrative position within the Indian Band. The Chief & Council were recently elected in late February 2015. In their election platform there was reference made to eliminate the non aboriginal staff. There were two other non aboriginal staff let go the same week as I. What action should I consider, what monetary value should I be seeking?
Albert
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

When you speak about a term, what you mean? For example, do you sign a one-year contract each year?