Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

My mom just died, we leave far from each other (600km) wile

Customer Question

My mom just died, we leave far from each other (600km) wile I was there to see mom for the last time, the day after she died, my older sister ask me to pass by her house (I stayed in a motel) as I got in she yells at me " from now on you are not welcome in my house, I am not your sister, never call me again...it's all mine there is nothing here for you and Paula...Get out...I have a will and a power of attorney ) and waived this papers at my face.
I left of course I was still in shock I witness my mom die. I do not believe that my mom would do that is three of us. Yes she looked after my mother, she never let me bring her down.
Don't I and younger sister have the right at least of half of my father side? Having three daughters don't a lawyer have to read the will to all of us and explain?
Kind regards
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for your loss.

I have some questions first.

What province is this please?

Did your mother have assets in her name alone?

Did your father die earlier?