Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor
Experience:  25 years in practice
28667836

I have been denied eligibility disability tax credit by the

Customer Question

I have been denied eligibility for a disability tax credit by the Canada Revenue Agency for this current year (2015) after having been eligible for the last five years (2010 - 14) and after having sent the appropriate forms to them that were completed by my doctor and were exactly the same as the ones he completed for me with the same information as I had sent to them five years ago (2010). The CRA then requested additional information from my doctor and when I showed my doctor the letter from the CRA that explained that this additional information was what they had based their decision on he said "That's not what I told them. I never said that." and he suggested to me that I seek some legal advice. I would like to send a letter to the CRA and ask them to reconsider their decision. Is that something that you could help me with?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

I cannot help with the actual letter but I can provide you legal information relating to this issue if that will help. Let me know if you wish for me to go ahead.

I can also suggest how to find a lawyer if you would like to retain your own lawyer, this lawyer could then write the letter for you.