Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I live on the golf course and someone had t my window and

Customer Question

i live on the golf course and someone had hit my window and smashed it. the individual did fess up and we have emails stating he would pay. Well now that there is a price tag on the window has come in he does not want to pay. what do we do in this situation?
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

How much will this cost for the repair?

Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

How much will this cost for the repair?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
500 CAD
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 1 year ago.

What you can do is send this individual a letter by registered mail. In the letter set out the facts and indicate that you are surprised that he has reneged on his offer to pay for the window. Give him a deadline for paying you the $500 and tell him that if he fails to comply you will commence legal proceedings and then will be seeking interest and your costs as well.

If he doesn't pay you you can then sue him in small claims court and self represent. If you find you need some help as you go through the process you can always post on the site again and I can assist you further.